- What did you think of the A-B-C format?
The A-B-C format was an excellent way to keep the course organized throughout the semester. Since many of these assignments were made similarly to the ones in their category, it flowed smoothly throughout the course which makes it easier for students to keep track.
2. What did you think of the 4 Messy Hands activities? (Plaster Casting, Sketching in the Garden, Graffiti Writing & Finger Painting)
I really enjoyed doing the messy hands activities. Although I like to keep my hands clean and I tend to stay away from messy projects, doing these activities has opened my mind into doing more of messier activities.
3. What did you think of the 4 Life Design activities? (Design Thinking, ePortfolio, Environmental Portrait, vlog)
The life design activities were ones of the most useful activities I’ve done so far in my college classes (besides public speaking). You showed us how to create an online portfolio for our profession which I think is VERY useful in the future and I hope that many of your students will thank you for that. Also, the designed thinking activities has helped me structure my future and to clearly see what my goals are.
4. What did you think of the Student Choice & One More activities?
I do not recall doing these activities?
5. What did you think of visiting the SOA Galleries, having Conversations with SOA Artists, and blogging about them?
Being able to speak to a well known artist and being able to have a conversation about their work has also been a dream of mine. Speaking to these local artists has helped expanded my knowledge within art and showed me all their different views and perspectives on life which was very inspiring to me.
6. What did you think of using the class website, glenn.zucman.com/i2va, plus your own websites, instead of BeachBoard?
This was an excellent idea because building a website is just like building your own social media account and many of us people love displaying ourselves to the world in a certain way. We had the options of making our blogs look the way we want to and we were able to express ourselves more freely.
7. What did you think of using WordPress for your blog?
Word press was very easy and simple to use. I’m glad you chose an easy site for us to use for our assignments.
8. What did you think of using Wix for your ePortfolio?
It took a while for me to get used to using Wix because there were so many options and so many things you can to to your blog! But overall, Wix was also an excellent site for us to present our profession which gave us the freedom to make it however we want.
9. What did you think of the guest speakers? (Internships, Study Abroad, etc)
I think you only had one speaker who was your former student, and soon to be teacher and I thought she was wonderful. She would sometimes help out during the activities and she definitely has as bright future in her hands.
10. What did you think of the times in class when we took time to meet new classmates? How many Art110 peeps did you know before the class started? How many do you know now?
To be completely honest, my first year of college was not a good year for me. I used to be social but ended up not really talking to anyone in the class. I’m glad you gave the class time to know each other and to network but the people in college is not my type of crowd. Hopefully, I can soon stop my social anxiety and be the social person that I used to be.
11. What did you think about having a class with no tests? I don’t just mean “was it cool to not have to take any,” but students use tests to guide their study and participation in a class. Students tend to learn what’s on the test, and to not learn anything that isn’t. Did not having exams make it harder to focus or find importance and relevance in the class?
Just because this class did not have test, doesn’t mean that we didn’t give it effort. I’m glad you made the point that college student focuses too much on passing a test rather than gathering and absorbing knowledge that they can apply to their life. It is basically wasting your time and money just to copy and paste information that you will forget within a week after.
12. Any other thoughts?
I’m glad I took this class because it showed me that CSULB isn’t just a school filled with like-minded individuals. You, as a professor, were very different from the rest and gladly showed us valuable lessons that many of these older people do not show. With me trying to become a professional in the music and fashion world, the class always has me inspired to create and to truly plan about my future. You have shown that students often forget why we go to college and that we must work hard as well as have fun in what we love doing. Your class was a great experience overall and I hope nothing but the best for you in the future.